Thursday, January 19, 2006

Can’t wait to get Bernie’s Wards input (kgo.com 10pm – 1am) on the new Bin laden tape. Here is my two cents

We can all remember the following from the March 2004 Kerry-Bush debate:
Q (March 13, 2002): Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? . . .

Bush: So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him , Kelly, to be honest with you. . . .

Q: But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?
Bush: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him

Now Bin Laden come out and says:
"The new operations of Al Qaeda has not happened, not because we could not penetrate the security measures. It is being prepared and you'll see it in your homeland very soon."

As far as I’m concerned, I sure wish Bust would have been a little more concerned and spent A LOT more time on “him” I can see it now, the white house will use this to explain why it’s so important that we give up some of our civil liberties during times of war. As Bernie Ward points out, there is a major flaw in this, since the war on terror will be going on long past our lifetimes. Just think about it, have we won the war on drugs?

Get ready for the broken records that are the Republican\fox talking point. We will be seeing them all over the nightly news.

Listen to Bernie Ward at KGO.com from 10pm – 1:00 am M-F. Can also go to archives and listen to the previous nights show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home